Thursday, January 1, 2009

New year's eve


Normally we ring in the new year at my mother in law's home with about 200 dollars worth of fireworks. Silly I know, but worse still is the fact that Abbey and I are pretty much scared to go outside for a good 3 hours while the neighborhood goes wild. And I mean wild ... I tell you their fireworks displays are almost better than at the AFB! It's crazy. Anywho ... lol That was the main reason we chose to stay home this year. That and Abbey asked to have a few girls for a sleepover / New years eve party since she received some fun sleep over books and games for Christmas. So here is a photo of Abbey (third from the left) and her friends after they screamed and played with huge sparklers for 5 minutes and woke up the neighborhood. LOL jk most were up. Thankfully!! It was nice to exchange new year greeting right on the dot with our neighbors this year ... a first in the 6 and a half years we've lived here. I'm hoping this will be the start of a new way to celebrate the new year .... toned down a lot but really nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment