Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Abbey's card for Unscripted Sketches and a blackout!

Abbey and I spent a bit of time in the evening playing in our craft room. She made this card from the sketch provided by Unscripted Sketches. Too cute!!! We had just taken this photo and were trying to decide what we wanted for Dinner .... when the entire neighborhood had a blackout. It was just before 7pm. Our electricity stayed out until about 1:20 am. Ugh boy oh boy it was hot! It was 103 when the lights went out and only dropped to 92 by 11 pm. Luckily Daniel and I both have a weird thing for collecting flashlights and lanterns so we had plenty of light in the house and some to loan to neighbors. Daniel was working so Abbey and I played Upwords and Mancalla a few times, ate sandwiches for dinner and drank a lot of water. lol I had her take a quick cool shower and then I put her to bed, really late about about 11, because it was just too hot to sleep. I sat on the edge of her bed fanning her with a large piece of cardboard until the electricity turned back on. It was kind of funny really, when it turned back on. I had been humming and then thought well, I'll say my prayers now, because I was getting really tired, and when I finished I was talking to God in my head and said God, I know this is selfish of me but the baby is just too hot and I'm worried about the elderly in the neighborhood. And as soon as I thought that, buzzzz! I could hear the AC kick on and the lights went on. :-)

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Love the robot! Abbey did a wonderful job with this weeks sketch, so glad she played along. I hope the two of you will join us again soon! Can't wait to see what she comes up with next! You have a very talented daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers Abbey..that is a wicked cool card and an awesome take on the Unscripted Sketch. I really appreciate you playing along with us and I hope you join us again and again! I have a 12 yr old daughter who loves to play with me in my scrap place!
    Yuck on the blackout! 103 is way too hot. God was certainly listening to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God really was listening to you.
    Cute card Abbey, you did a great job :)
    Lora xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abbey, your card is absolutely adorable!! Love how you inked the edges!! I hope you will play along with us again, and you know anytime you want to be on a Design Team give me a shout!!

    Hugs,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous job!! Thanks for joining US this week!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with this card Abbey, I love the bright colors and robot. Hope things have cooled down a bit--thanks for being Unscripted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, everyone! I'm Abigail, Christine's daughter (the one from the pictures,) and I just wanted to say thanks for all of the great comments you left my momma! Come to my blog; http://adayinthelifeofanotsoaverageteen.blogspot.com/
    P.S.: Hi Momma! I love you! Muah! Bye! :)

    ReplyDelete